My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a year ago now, but I had my first experience with a Personal Pace. The mower was a cheaper model, steel, with a 6HP or so Tecumseh. I call it 'Pacer' because the man who owned it hated it, and nailed the tag of an AMC Pacer to the drive handle. I must say, I liked the design a lot, shame they don't make the classic 'Rear Bagger 21' type deck in that arrangement. I believe this was a front wheel drive model.. but I really don't remember now. Alas, the engine blew a hole through itself 30 seconds from completing the last job it had in 2014, and it was scrapped. I have to believe it was about a 6 year old machine, at least. The neighbor also has an extremely unreliable John Deere with a similar system. Gotta say, I like it.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
No reason to bash brands, mine is a good machine so far other than EPA mandated stuff.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I am a pretty big Toro fan. I looked for a Toro pp mower and actually found a couple that I considered buying.( I never buy anything new except wife's car). However, after reading and researching I went with a Honda. I have no regrets. That Honda does a super nice job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts