My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.... I'm using a '07 CC989 with the rotating front casters.... I've got a gator blade and mostly use the bagger. I LOVE that thing!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you ever had to sharpen one of those gator blades yet? The whole thoght of sharpening one on my own just feels like its above my paygrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, what Sean said.... I got wondering about that and looked it up on their site. You sharpen the blade part only, not the fins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
While you only sharpen the cutting edge, and the Gator blade does move a lot of air, I do believe the fins help in breaking up the grass when mulching, its those multiple edges are what set it apart from a standard mulching blade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, I noticed that I can bag a LOT more with the gator blade. I guess a lot of it is due to cutting the clipping smaller. Whereas with a regular blade clippings might be the length of your pinky, with the gator blade they are about the length of one finger joint...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone...I will get naked and bark at the moon before I ever bag grass. But it's a free country so God bless ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts