My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes,I know lol, i should have taken a picture but didnt, but am left with a part that i have no idea where it goes, even looking at the parts diagrams on line can find it.

I had problems with gearbox as it would not drive so dismantled it ages ago. turns out it was a split selector fork, thats all fitted now, in the meantime i bought a battery mower which is great but decided i need to get the honda working.
The part looks like it was part of the drive shaft to rear axled, but it is not, completely wrong diameter, also not holesin it for pins etc..
The ID matches the diameter of the axle, but cannot find it in the parts diagram. Its either axle related on controls Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
on the handlebar.

Help! any good ideas, other that the obvious ones of take photos lol.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

The link to the parts diagram
Honda Power Equipment HR215 SXA - MZAM 6000001-6200000 OEM Parts, Shank's Lawn Honda (hondalawnparts.com)
Thanks in advance

George

·
Super Moderator
6,198 Posts
H
Yes,I know lol, i should have taken a picture but didnt, but am left with a part that i have no idea where it goes, even looking at the parts diagrams on line can find it.

I had problems with gearbox as it would not drive so dismantled it ages ago. turns out it was a split selector fork, thats all fitted now, in the meantime i bought a battery mower which is great but decided i need to get the honda working.
The part looks like it was part of the drive shaft to rear axled, but it is not, completely wrong diameter, also not holesin it for pins etc..
The ID matches the diameter of the axle, but cannot find it in the parts diagram. Its either axle related on controls View attachment 62985 on the handlebar.

Help! any good ideas, other that the obvious ones of take photos lol.
View attachment 62985
The link to the parts diagram
Honda Power Equipment HR215 SXA - MZAM 6000001-6200000 OEM Parts, Shank's Lawn Honda (hondalawnparts.com)
Thanks in advance

George
Hmmm….never fun to find extra parts when you think you’re done.

Did you happen to have more than one project going on at the same time that it could be from something other than the Honda and just got mixed in by accident? I only ask because it has, um, er, happened.

What material is it made of? Metal or rubber?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could it be part # 49 or #50 of the trans diagram? Looks like an oil seal.
Thanks its solid metal slightly pitted, not part of the trans, and not an oil seal, however changed these when I rebuild the trans, possibly there was another and I have lost one ??!!, me thinks its a wheel / axle spacer, just going to check

1 - 4 of 4 Posts