My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can ID this Lawn-Boy I picked up yesterday for a parts machine. Picked it up to have on hand for working on other mowers (sight unseen & did not know the make- off a cl ad). But got it home and after looking at it and doing bit of research on the net, realized its way too interesting to end its life!
Pretty rough shape. Deck is rusted and cracked. From what i have found surfing- it may have/has? the original 'Blue' off/on switch.. wonder the wheels, and guess it being a bricktop makes it rare?
There is a decal on the lip of the back of the deck - Model ID? But whatever was on it is completely worn away.
Haven't cleaned off the years of grime so maybe there is something under there after all that will tell the model.
Little research Ive done since last nite on picking this up - have found this lil 2 stroke very interesting and realize I have a real 'Find' :>) Well I think it is;>) Won't try starting it until I have stripped it down and cleaned it up.
Looks like everything is good on it - Except the deck.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I can't tell you the exact model.. But its a Canadian Tire exclusive model.. with a D series engine (Maybe D80?) On a 4 square base.

Other Than that I really don't know..
Its not really that rare other than its it bricktop style engine.. C.T Sold Tons of 4 square Lawn-Boy's back in the day..

-Stan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Stan.
Any idea of possibility of the year?
That's Ok if it is not rare. Just being a brick style is a novelty for me.
I did run across somewhere a person blogging about their own LB - but there was no picture. They called theirs a utility - which I took to mean no bells nor whistles and certainly this one is pretty plain compared to other models I have been able to view online.
Getting a chance to look at it a bit closer this evening seems the deck is split but not from rust.. wonder what they were doing with the poor thing:>)
Did see somewhere that one can possibly interchange a toro deck so will have to follow that up.
Much appreciated your input!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I would say maybe late 70's early 80's

The reason it has no Whistles and Bells is (I'm Guessing) It's somewhat of a budget model (Hence C.T Style Wheels, 4 Square deck, And older Brick engine..

Also, This is a Utility.

-Capstan (Kori)

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
I beleive the budget bricktop was called a "SPECIAL" does it look like there was decals on the side of the shroud ? Also , not listed as such , but the 4 square deck is refered to as a utility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts