My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cub Cadet SLT 1054. Its almost 3 years old now and last week after cutting the grass it had a hard time going up the hill. Today when I started it up it moved great for about 20 minutes then it started having problems again and this time it just stopped moving. I turned it off and left it for about an hour and it started right up and moved great again. I just pulled it into the garage. Any idea on the problem? cost? How To...?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Sounds like the hydro is slipping. Mark found you a possible great deal to get fixed for you!! Good luck!

Reactions: Turk999

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just an update. After finding out my tractor was part of the recall i contacted my local Cub repair shop. They had me come in with my print out of the recall. After they looked at the paper they started to ask me if i was the original owner and could prove it. they asked the hours on the tractor and all kinds of dumb questions. I told the that this is a recall and none of the questions they are asking matters. They said it did so I left to try to find my paperwork. I was kinda upset of them not understanding what a recall was so I called Cub Cadet and they were very helpful. They check and found out that my tractor was part of the recall and that I was right that none of the things they asked of me mattered. They made me a reference number for the repair shop to call order then new transaxle. Im headed back there in the morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just an update. After finding out my tractor was part of the recall i contacted my local Cub repair shop. They had me come in with my print out of the recall. After they looked at the paper they started to ask me if i was the original owner and could prove it. they asked the hours on the tractor and all kinds of dumb questions. I told the that this is a recall and none of the questions they are asking matters. They said it did so I left to try to find my paperwork. I was kinda upset of them not understanding what a recall was so I called Cub Cadet and they were very helpful. They check and found out that my tractor was part of the recall and that I was right that none of the things they asked of me mattered. They made me a reference number for the repair shop to call order then new transaxle. Im headed back there in the morning.
Don't be shocked when any type of shop tries to get out of recall/warranty. That type of work is not a money maker for them. I'd take the ref.# and go to another shop, even if it is further way.

On the bright side.....you're getting hooked up with a fix!! Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Unfortunate what you have to go through at times to get something like this taken care of. Sounds like the repair shop is worried they could be left holding the tab for the repair if Cub finds the smallest reason to bounce the claim. (Who knows, there might be some past history with getting paid for Cub claims that is giving them some reason behind their madness. ;) )

Calling corporate to get a pre-approval of sorts was a good move. If the shop is still back peddling probably best to just call Cub back and see who is the next closets on their authorized repair center list.

They may need to keep a copy of your paperwork. I'm in a different service field (consumer electronics & appliances) but most companies we deal with require us to make a copy of the proof of purchase and send it back to them or we don't get paid for the repair. (This is where if the same company that sold it to you is also doing the repair they (and you) have the advantage in that they likely still have record of the sale in the stores files.) Some manufactures do require purchase date for coverage of recalls or warranty extensions. Warranty claim filing can be a royal pain to get paid. Forget to cross a T or miss a digit in the serial number, forget to put a check mark someplace in the online form and it bounces back and you have to refile with a certain number of days or you end up doing the customers repair at the shops cost in a heartbeat. I think the game the manufactures are playing is hoping that the especially the large shops just write off the bounced claims rather then spend the time to correct paperwork issues. More money stays in the manufactures pocket that way. Trouble is the small shops can go out of business in short order eating too many bounced claims at hundreds or more dollars a pop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts