My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the mower model my family had when I was little, just prior to getting the 1976 Sears SS/18 Dad bought, which I inherited.

I talked about this one in my intro to the forum, in the "came here from MTF" thread

The gentleman who has it for sale said he was leaving this afternoon for 2 weeks in China, but he will call me as soon as he gets back. The ad was "make offer". He said "The mower isn't going anywhere, it's yours if you want it"

Sadly I didn't get to see it today, or put money on it, but I hope to in 2 weeks time.

As soon as I physically have it, I'll try to identify the year and model, etc.

He said "It ran 8 years ago when I got it, but doesn't run now"

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Neat!!

There's just something special about reliving memories with a former machine that you associate your past with. You're going to love it.

It looks to be in fantastic condition and one that will be a perfect candidate to call yours! I'll bet you're anxious!

Keep us updated and thanks for posting! :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Neat, I hope you can get it. Wouldn't it be a hoot if it was the same one? You never know! ;)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Five Points, LOL yeah that would be cool! :)

Austen, yes I am anxious... I have to wait 2 weeks, and we didn't settle on a price yet. But I'm confident :cool

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My next hunt, after the little craftsman is all done, will be to find Mom's old 57 Rambler wagon. It would be cool to own one.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It sounds like you've got the "bug!" :sorry:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
We are all addicted!! Welcome Angiek! Hope you enjoy it here as well as MTF! I love BOTH!! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Now that's cool. Makes the old days seem just like yesterday. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get it home. What a hoot that'll be!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now all I need to do it read about, and find parts for the push mower I have. I never even looked what kind it is... it was given to me, and my son mounted a too long blade on it. We've been using it like that ever since. I think it's time I do my homework on the poor little thing, and fix it right.

Right after I got it, the bolt holding the carb and air cleaner to the mower fell out and got lost, and it has a 6" bolt sticking out that my son slid in there to keep on mowing. I'll go out and look at it tomorrow when the sun is up. We store it under the fishing boat in the back yard :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts