My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I took a little trip up north around Manistique, MI this last week end. We just had to go see a little snow, so we packed up the woolies and snow shoes, and away we went.
Here I am getting ready to trek off into the winter wonder land. It was 31° and a beautiful sun shinny day last Sunday. Couldn't have been better.

I was already winded by the time I got this far.:2th:

As you can see, my wife Judy is in much better shape than I am.

We were going to take a little break and have some coffee, and of course, a donut. I sat mine down on the porch railing for a minute while I ran back inside to grab another cup. When I turned around, the neighborhood squirrel had already beat me to it. Guess they must have cops in the squirrel world too. Fearing that I might look silly if I tried to fight him for it, and loose, I just let him enjoy.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow, what a gorgeous area and it doesn't look like you could've asked for a better day weather wise too! :cool:

It looks like winter paradise and just the place to go to spend some time in the snow.

Great photos too, the trip looked well worth it!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photos B1! Beautiful area and day to be out in it! :cool

I bet the squirrel did not even get winded running through the snow to get the doughnut. Oh look! He put out food just for me! :ROFL

I have one that comes in to clean up under the bird feeder. He tried to get on the feeder one day but could not hold on to the steel and slid off. I'm sure he'll figure it out by summer if not sooner.

·
1,329 Posts
wow, you and Judy live in a beautiful place. thanks for the awesome pics.
we havnt had that much snow in the last 5 years! but I also feed the squirels in the Winter, aspecially this Winter, the walnut trees did not produce this last year.
Thanks again , very nice:2th:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny thing, this little guy wasn't even anywhere to be seen when we went out onto the porch. We'd stood out there and walked around for quite a while, but he sure knew when we went inside! And he knew we were watching him through the window too.

He was fun to watch, and he sure did enjoy that long john.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts