My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a craftsman LTD 1500 that the crankshaft seal and gasket was leaking. I have order 3 gasket kit that do not fit mine is more round then odd shaped. Does anyone know where I can pick this item up. I have went to auto parts and no one can match the gasket or seal.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
As a last resort, I know you can buy the material, trace the outside and cut both sides of one for yourself, although for you, this would be a big one. I've done this, but on a much smaller scale. It worked out fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was going to trace it out but the oil seal I can't for it's a plastic round seal do you have any idea where I can get the right replacement

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Model number 247288820

Serial 1eo33B80331

The number on the seal its self are
35 52 7 10*
7330**
NJK
HTCL*
This is everything written on the seal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if it's Briggs engine or not it said briggs but someone told me that Sears made combines with other engine manufacturers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also do you think I could use the red glue instead of cutting out a cork gasket? Or would it be better to use the Cork?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate your help this engine has been the hardest one ever for me. Normally the auto parts folks would help me match up something but since all the older guys are gone now it seems like the young people just don't know what the older folks did and they don't want to take the time to help anyone anymore, all you hear is my computer froze up and nothing cross reference lol.lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beware. They list old parts they do not have, nonetheless will take your order and your money. When weeks later it doesn't arrive and you call to ask where's my part, you're told that it hasn't been made in years, and you'll get a refund in about six weeks. This happened to me. I never got the refund. There are thousands of similar complaints.

===

My old truck's differential required some odd gasket that was nowhere to be found. Mechanic shrugged and used red goop. The red goop was still intact 20 years of hard use later. Never leaked. I'm rather more impressed with red goop than with cork seals, which on that truck, leaked a lot.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Permatex Ultra black works great for sumps and valve covers. hand tighten, wait at least 12 hours then torque to specs.
That is if the parts above arent the right ones

·
Registered
4 Posts
I usually use "Permatex Ultra Copper" since that is what I have around... I bought it for another project and have been using it for everything since. Also, keep it clean, if it gets messed with because it has too much goop out of the sealing area, it can fail, it also looks better if you keep it clean.

·
Registered
43 Posts
At Sears parts direct if you can't find a diagram for what you want, contact them via info at the website....their prices are high but they are VERY helpful. Jacks small engines, as noted is also good, people also very helpful, usually with lower prices....
Have your engine serial number that will also help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts