Premium Member
1,444 Posts
When your garage is bigger than your house....................:ROFL:bag:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got took big time! Guy had tractor next to garage and while inspecting it seemed fine. I turned engine over by hand and seemed too easy, thought it was bent valve push rods. I gave him his $300 and loaded it up. The front wheels are not aligned ,so hard to load. Guy seemed in hurry to get rid of me. Turns out he must have taken engine apart or someone did and removed the connecting rod/s as when I hooked up jumpbox, free spun? Removed plugs and one piston doesn't move at all, think other is not there! Screwdriver goes all the way in! :( All I wanted is a quick flip to help dad go to Puerto Rico to see family. Not good feeling to get took! After pressure washing what looks like all the grass he cut while it was wet, found hole in deck also. SIGH! God will deal with the man , can not believe he can sleep at night. Now to find a twin/opposed Briggs! Pictures are loading. Will update tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I can't believe the whole piston and rod is missing, good grief... could the rods be broken and the piston is pushed all the way in? Either way, I'm sure the PO had an idea what was going on. Maybe the parts will help you save some money down the road or you'll find you a good engine in a another junker.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bruce, the second time I feel took. The screw driver goes all the way into one side with out hitting a thing! The one exhaust pipe was never re-installed. I missed it due to being too close to garage! The grass covered the machine real badly. The hour meter is dead, so who knows how many? He must have known. Just bummed by what been going on personally to me lately. A lot of foolish problems bringing me down! I have damaged more than I help lately! :( Thank the Lord I found a Troy-Bilt with same engine for $50 locally. God willing it runs! Or I can make one out of two!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I can't believe the whole piston and rod is missing, good grief...
:ditto:

Makes you want to call/write the guy back and say "oh by the way, thanks for letting me know the internals of the engine are gone..."

Other than the deck as you pointed out, it looks like a good machine. Can you hold the machine aside for a while and wait until a replacement motor falls in your lap and resell it for a profit?

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Boy, there sure are some fine specimens of humanity out there. :mad: I'm sorry to hear that he pulled a fast one on you; I hope the replacement engine works out. :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! God might be supplying just what I need! A nice Craftsman tractor with opposed twin and gear trans!! Might be going tonight to get it a ways away, but only $100. Hope it works out. Bringing jump box and carb cleaner to test engine!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guy did not understand I could come at 5:30, says he gets off @8 tonight text on way home tonight an hour away from us! NOT HAPPENING!! Not on a work week! Maybe weekend! :(
Way it is lately I guess! God willing ,will find one local if he sells it!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He texted me this morning, must have give next guy shot because I like to sleep before going to work!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank God a big update! We took the engine out and dissected it!!
What a mess! Both rods gone and tons of metal! Stripped it and junk pile it goes!

We got a Single Briggs from that junkyard dog yesterday with transaxle for green one, So it went in today! Dad had some issues with bolting it in, then rest was not too bad. Had to mod muffler area, cut some metal. I had to make us a throttle from Craftsman to work in place of twin sticks. Wires were super easy, used factory hookups! Only had to wire headlights! The transaxle works and I drove it some, needs new carb or more cleaning. Valves were adjusted, could be blown head gasket of vacuum leak though?

Thank God at least it works! I had to mod engine for a fuel pump as this one had none. The oil tube is drilled and a fuel line pushed into hole. Almost like factory!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Back in business! Great work guys. :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks you guys! Feels great to get one junker to fix two machines! Was very happy to drive it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts