My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, called the Nature people to report a new Species of Hummingbird native to my home town!!

Don't know why they are laughing at me though!??? :dunno::bag::sorry::sarcasm:

·
Registered
480 Posts
It's a ring tailed bandit! :p Latin name: stealus everythingus. Warner brothers latin that is. :ROFL:2th:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
:ditto::ROFL I hate those durn things! At the last place we lived, we had a full-on infestation of those things. They would dig up half the yard! :soap: :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I am so glad you all enjoy my new nature discover!! Ellis, I'll try to get you some real hummer pics!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Lol I am so glad you all enjoy my new nature discover!! Ellis, I'll try to get you some real hummer pics!
Sounds good, Eric. Mind if I lead off? I loved them before GM bought them out.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol! Good one Ellis!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fat little guy was back, only evidence is empty feeder! I left him a trap of a claw hammer on deck under feeder and snow shovel there too! Might slow fatty down a hair! I like animals, so no harmful things done! Only want him to not like porch!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
.... I left him a trap of a claw hammer on deck under feeder and snow shovel there too! Might slow fatty down a hair! ..
So tonight's story continues with the snow shovel being dragged into the road where it is smashed by a still groggy neighbor on the way to work in the morning and the hammer is carried up into a tree and gets dropped on one of your tractors setting in the back lot. :ROFL

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the smarty dropped hammer to ground and probably used shovel to climb up !!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Well the smarty dropped hammer to ground and probably used shovel to climb up !!
All the while thinking how absent minded his new food provider friend must be to leave all these tools laying outside in the yard. :ROFL

I think their ability to figure out things to accomplish their objective is right up there with working dogs. Elderly housebound neighbor that as a kid I used to put out trash for lived next to a creek. **** would open up her steel trash cans, cut through the plastic liner bag and pull out anything that smelled good enough yet to eat. I could barely get those old bent up lids pulled off the cans myself at times. I even tried adding bricks and cement blocks to the lids. It would still get those cans pried open somehow. Most of the time he did not even have to tip the can over to do it! I think I ended up tying heavy gauge clothesline wire around the top through the lid and side handles to keep him out of them.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This morning I got him! I put the hummingbird feeder UNDER those buckets and put hammer on top. Then shovel, he didn't find it. The stupid Squirrels found other one and messed it up AND hopped on the wind chime for some reason and broke it?? ARGH!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mix some hot sauce in vegetable oil and paint a layer on your feeders near the openings. Mix Cheyenne pepper flakes in you dry bird feeders too. Birds don't have a sense of smell so hot stuff doesn't bother them but it sure give the ***** and squirrels something to think about.
Just be careful when you put the flakes in the dry feeders, one good sudden breeze and you could be in trouble.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Might do that devans! Got to be careful as in morning, I might be victim!! Forget!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts