My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scared the crap out of me when I turned to go in house after the junkyard run this morning!!!! Look at the size to the post of stairs!! YUCK! I was fearful of it making a web and killing Hummingbirds and maybe Chipmunk pet that lives under porch at times! We had to send it to its maker! Dad almost didn't wait for me to take pictures of it! Had to run into house for camera. Any idea what kind it is? I heard it is a wolf spider.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Looks like one ... they are in my basement sometimes .... got bit by one that was in my work boot ... just enough venom to make you feel sort of goofy and go to the doctor.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TCK! Glad I wasn't bit!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I don't think I've ever saw one of them. On the farm I would frequently find around the outbuildings orb web spiders which were a little smaller but had bright yellow markings on them. I stayed clear of them unless I was carrying a long handled shovel.

Spiders In and Around the House, HYG-2060-04

I don't have much use for spiders outside of a daddy long legs or the little guys that make fuzzy webs along the basement floor. I look at them like snakes. I know they are useful an good to have around to keep other pests under control but they can be useful someplace where I don't see them. :D

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That is nuts! It's so big that it looks like it should be at a zoo or something.

We all have our fears and spiders have always been one of mine. That would have gotten my heart going for sure!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad I am not a wuss!! LOL We have had a few spiders close calls with the tractors. The worst was the John Deere STX 38 from a farm area. We were taking pictures at dusk/dark. Came in and downloaded them, notice the huge spider right by the hood where my hand was! ARGH! That tractor had sooooo many spiders in /on it!! Even UNDER flywheel!! I wore gloves so I could smash 'em fast like!
Mark ,thanks for the website, saved that one to my favorites! Helps to Identify them!
Take care guys!! Leaving for vacation! Be back probably Weds!!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did!! Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts