My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a ad for a Craftsman LT1000 for.......$25! Emailed and then texted guy. Went first thing this morning to get it. Got there to find building collapsed onto it. Tractor is rough but also saw before we left a push mower that I thought might be same guy. I asked and sure enough he had mower AND snowblower! I bundled like Frank and got it all for $60! Got it all loaded up with their help.

Got mower on lift and I found the carb was bent down and mount was damaged. I messed with it as dad fixed tires off bead on the tractor. I bent the mount back and choke mount on carb so it stopped rubbing. Took bowl off and was ancient gas in there! Cleaned it and jet and mounted it back. Plastic manifold was damaged but useable. Added oil as it was low. Tried it and fired right up! Had to move the throttle spring as it was off. Seems to run well and let it run for 10 minutes. Blade seems good too. Machine looks low hours so a score!

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
You guys really are! :tango_face_smile:

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, you guys always find stuff priced right. nice score frank or is it Eric ? ..lol
For a cheap mower, I'll answer to anything! ;)

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mower was running good. I started mowing yard and after 10 minutes it died. Acts like gunk from tank or something got carb dirty again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mower sure cleaned up!

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turned out when I pressure washed the mower it got some water in tank, only reason it quit. Mowed neighbors with it and then gave it to sister. Forgot she asked a while ago about one and this is light for my BIL to use. He came up other day and liked the GT5000 with 54" deck so much he bought it. We finished it as well yesterday. Thinking they need snowblower for walk way as well so planning to fix this one to give them.

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I really like those little Toro push mowers...

Well worth the time and money to pickup those 3 items for $60. Nice haul! :ThumbUp:

I have a feeling the next time you go to pickup another mower you might have the wondering and ask if there is anything else they might want to let go of... It could save you a bundle! :sidelaugh

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually Bryan it was a Troy-Bilt mower. Very little use. I gave it and plan to give the snow blower to my sister. They need both.

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Actually Bryan it was a Troy-Bilt mower. Very little use. I gave it and plan to give the snow blower to my sister. They need both.

I read that in your other post... I know you are big into helping others! Not many like you left :tango_face_grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.