1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I have just a couple of Questions.
The model # on the 13 hp engine 28M707
typE#1162-E1
000117 ZE
I cant find a tag on the mower its self.
this thing is like new, paint and all
so, I was wondering what the year would be and a hint to the value. tires are 50% runs great , need a drive belt

Attachments

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A qwick google showed price ranges between $400 to $950.
Thanks, Thats good! the id tag on the body at the rear is a sticker type, its gone except for one corner.
It still has the paint under the deck.
It has for sure been kept stored inside. The year really wont matter to me. Its so small that it will work good between the out buildings.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there another place the serial#/info may be stamped on the frame? Some of my JD stuff does.
Im not sure about that, I will look it over tomorrow. Also I will get the original owners name and check with my local dealer. It was bought here where I bought mine.
I have to get a primary and a secondary belt, I will see what I can find out while Im there.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well , so much for the hopeing. my luck ran out, the trans axle is in bad shape. I have a decision to make , find parts or part this one out. wish I could find a transaxle for a real bargain. with belts today Im in the mower 290 dollars, the mower running good is only worth 400. I have a use for the little mower, Im not looking to resale it.
LAWM MOWER people never give up!

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Dr Bailey,I really know what you mean! Our first restoration ( John Deere 180 ) We just got done with it, repaint, mechanical going through. We went to my sisters to try mowing a good size yard with it. The trans literally exploded! Grease all over her enclosed area for her dogs, had to tow it home! Real heart break! Turned out a cheap bearing inside transaxle seized ! In a bath of grease?!? The new trans would have cost me $600! I found a similar one out of another type machine for .... $50! Dad took it apart, put the good old gears from 180 into new case. It runs good now, second gear skipps a little, don't use it due to that. We ( ME! :) ) kept it for our use. I'll post a restoration thread in JD area! Don't give up! Use the Trana model number to find another from a lesser machine! Good luck and God bless!
Eric

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dr Bailey,I really know what you mean! Our first restoration ( John Deere 180 ) We just got done with it, repaint, mechanical going through. We went to my sisters to try mowing a good size yard with it. The trans literally exploded! Grease all over her enclosed area for her dogs, had to tow it home! Real heart break! Turned out a cheap bearing inside transaxle seized ! In a bath of grease?!? The new trans would have cost me $600! I found a similar one out of another type machine for .... $50! Dad took it apart, put the good old gears from 180 into new case. It runs good now, second gear skipps a little, don't use it due to that. We ( ME! :) ) kept it for our use. I'll post a restoration thread in JD area! Don't give up! Use the Trana model number to find another from a lesser machine! Good luck and God bless!
Eric
Thanks Eric , I set it aside for now but next week I plan on tearing into the transaxle and have a look see.:2th:

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the transaxle out of the mower and on the table, to my surprise, the only problem that I see. the top cover of the transaxle is badly wore on the right side and end at the axle outlet. The alum top cover is all that I need, along with a couple greese retainer rings., still not a bad deal , "yet"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.