My Lawnmower Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
I'm Looking for a front mounted belt drive one for this model, I found one but it was like 2 hours away and the guy wanted $160 which isn't a bad price but I would be spending almost $30 on gas to get there...

The tires seem to keep fixing themselves and going flat again... I guess you get what you pay for... I am trying to find some old junker to go out and get for a bunch of spare parts and maybe a good Briggs(Doubt it though)..

Eric,
I have to figure out when I might be coming up and then work out where the heck the family I'm visiting is in relation to you is...

I'll tell you one thing though, If I'm coming up there.. I'm getting that engine..

I shipped an engine once and it was torture.

-Stan
I might have to use it :(
I gave my neighbor the old Montgomery Ward. He came over this afternoon as I was mowing, it don blow'd up!! Sounds like the con rod went, won't turn much. I gave him the Green Craftsman I was gonna sell. Just got done mowing with it. He is happy, I might put the little 8 on it as it had a 12HP of same type!
If not, I bring ya to secret junkyard! ;)

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I might have to use it :(
I gave my neighbor the old Montgomery Ward. He came over this afternoon as I was mowing, it don blow'd up!! Sounds like the con rod went, won't turn much. I gave him the Green Craftsman I was gonna sell. Just got done mowing with it. He is happy, I might put the little 8 on it as it had a 12HP of same type!
If not, I bring ya to secret junkyard! ;)
If you have a use for it, go ahead This is a $75 experiment and for god's sake, I doubt I will be coming near you until at least August and anyway, It was a whim that I would be going near there anyway..

I'll look on craigslist, And if that guy from the other add E-Mails me back my tractor is becoming either parts or being resold instantly... He hasn't yet though.

What's the wards look like? Do you have a pic? My neighbor used to have one... it was kinda cool.

-Stan

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Here is a few pictures of MW. Just weird the timing! The Craftsman was finally called about selling a few minutes after I gave it away! I gave them this one!

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
It is beat the poor thing, ran nice until now? It only turns 1/4 before mechanically locks? Bet broke con rod or valve seat? We will do something with it, um sometime! WE is backlogged BIG TIME!!!!!!!!! ;)

Reactions: Capstan

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Some annoying news..

The craigslist guy Finally Called me back and told me he took the 'Identical twin" to the dump yesterday...I was Irate... I told him I had called him more than 10 times and he explained "Phone wasn't charged..."

Oh well :ROFL
I can have a good laugh now and keep looking.

-Stan

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Sorry to hear about the guy Stan! I have had a lot of issues with Craigslist people. I was going to GIVE a tractor to a guy on there, he posted a wanting free tractor add. He said he was handy, so told him issues with one we did not want anymore. He wrote back asked the same questions I had already told him answers to, then after finding out where we were NEVER WROTE BACK?? God knows I was trying to be good person, was even going to give him new parts to fix it with!!
The guy sounds like the usual ones I deal with, write or call back three or more days after you try, forget they are selling something!

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Sorry to hear about the guy Stan! I have had a lot of issues with Craigslist people. I was going to GIVE a tractor to a guy on there, he posted a wanting free tractor add. He said he was handy, so told him issues with one we did not want anymore. He wrote back asked the same questions I had already told him answers to, then after finding out where we were NEVER WROTE BACK?? God knows I was trying to be good person, was even going to give him new parts to fix it with!!
The guy sounds like the usual ones I deal with, write or call back three or more days after you try, forget they are selling something!
Ugh, Tell me about it.. The people who forget they are selling something are the worst.. I've had a few of them..

Up until recently, Despite being 16 I sounded like a 10 year old (I'm Not kidding :ROFL) and People would yell at me for "Prank calling... You Whippersnapper!" when I called them... Either that or "I'm Sorry Mam" :soap:

I'll keep my eye out for another machine, Hopefully with good front tires and a good Briggs on it... I highly doubt I will be getting up near you until early fall at best, So I'm going to rule out getting an engine from you.. Just put it on something else.

-Stan

· Premium Member
9,020 Posts
Stan, I saw your video this morning, didn't know I had tools older than you!! :)
That's all, you should be able to find a good engine. Hope your luck is better than ours! Have a good engine with weird size shaft, won't fit any machine we have!
:help::soap::bag:

· Registered
6 Posts
little brother to the one I have been searching for cheers man
edit:sooo I hear you need a motor
Stuff a Opposed-twin in there :p

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
little brother to the one I have been searching for cheers man
edit:sooo I hear you need a motor
Stuff a Opposed-twin in there :p
I'd love to... I love the sound of an Apposed Twin.. So Smooth.

But I don't think the hood would accommodate one without extensive modifications and I really don't need that much power... Much as It would be awesome!

Cheers!
-Stan

· Registered
2 Posts
I am the proud owner of a Craftsman LT 12 (I think) With a 12 Horse OHV Tecumseh engine in it..

This is not the actual picture, As the seller removed the add before I could snag the picture off of it..

It looks identical down to the condition but without the "Craftsman II" Thing... I guess it's just a "Craftsman I" :dunno:

It runs fine, The transmission works, The blades cut.. and one of the tires slowly leaks air..

Bought it for $75

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, Maybe clean up/Do basic maintenance and sell or use at friends farm/around the yard..

-Stan
Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
2 Posts
I am the proud owner of a Craftsman LT 12 (I think) With a 12 Horse OHV Tecumseh engine in it..

This is not the actual picture, As the seller removed the add before I could snag the picture off of it..

It looks identical down to the condition but without the "Craftsman II" Thing... I guess it's just a "Craftsman I" :dunno:

It runs fine, The transmission works, The blades cut.. and one of the tires slowly leaks air..

Bought it for $75

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, Maybe clean up/Do basic maintenance and sell or use at friends farm/around the yard..

-Stan
Wheel Tire Toy Automotive tire Motor vehicle

41 - 56 of 56 Posts