My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Rehabbing a 2000 Craftsman (917272220) with a still strong Kohler CV491S.
My issue is the linkages on the Hydro-Gear (166768 314-0510) were removed before I got the unit. The rear lockout is pretty straightforward but it appears the pedal lockout is or is supposed to be sprung to activate the transaxle brake and pull the belt drive system to neutral. And from the threads on the rod it appears to be adjustable.
Does anyone have a photo of an installed pedal lockout linkage? I need to see what parts I need to reattach as there was nothing but the rod when I got it.
Hope that鈥檚 clear as mud! 馃榿

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Greetings,

Rehabbing a 2000 Craftsman (917272220) with a still strong Kohler CV491S.
My issue is the linkages on the Hydro-Gear (166768 314-0510) were removed before I got the unit. The rear lockout is pretty straightforward but it appears the pedal lockout is or is supposed to be sprung to activate the transaxle brake and pull the belt drive system to neutral. And from the threads on the rod it appears to be adjustable.
Does anyone have a photo of an installed pedal lockout linkage? I need to see what parts I need to reattach as there was nothing but the rod when I got it.
Hope that鈥檚 clear as mud! 馃榿

Thanks!
I hope someone with the model, or one similar, will come along and help you.
I sometimes find the parts diagrams usually found in owners manuals are helpful but can be tough to follow at times. Maybe you could compare what you have with what you don鈥檛 to guide you in your rehab.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have all sorts of model specific diagrams for this unit including electrical schematic and even the Hydro-gear factory diagram for this specific transaxle. None however have anything that shows the linkage. I suspect because this transaxle was used across many mfr鈥檚 and models.
Here鈥檚 hoping someone out there has a Hydro-Gear driven unit. Husqvarna preferred but at this point I鈥檒l look at anything!
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts