My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Hustler Raptor XL, 54 inch, 23 HP Kawasaki, April 2022 --
In August with only 17 hours, the front wheel bearings failed. Part # 607026. My dealer had none available, so ordered them. Today, still not in, over two months later....This is a $7.00 part, needing four of them...
I've contacted Hustler numerous times, questioning the quality - and I suspect these are imported bearings, sitting in a container on the Ocean?
Spend over $4,000 for a machine that lasts four months and becomes unusable? Is this a sign of a lemon?
Just attempting to express my frustration with Hustler; as this is my second Hustler, as I had a 48 inch Sport for 10+ years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, however the point I was wanting to make, is, has quality declined with Hustler products now that they are part of the Stanley Black & Decker Group, in the fall of 2021?
My Raptor XL's front bearings (4), a $7.25 (x 4) part failed with only 17 hours of use. Pretty sad that for a $4,000 machine, they use such cheap bearings. Timken Bearings may have cost $15-25 each, but last forever?
Then once my bearings failed, there are None to be found of the Hustler part number, 607026. Demand is great enough, no one has them, sold out? My local dealer said not to expect them till Spring. I think Hustler needs to re-design the front end wheel assemblies to use different bearings.

Side note: The eBay listing was for the wrong size. I am able to find bearings, # 607026 (which equals a generic part # F6202-2RS, Readily available for less yet than the $7.25) But I'd prefer higher quality, that never needs replacing. This has become a consumable part. Oil change, check. Air filter, check. Replaced front bearings, (no) check).
uxcell F6202-2RS Flanged Ball Bearing 15x35x11mm Double Sealed Chrome Steel Bearings 4pcs: AmazonSmile: Industrial & Scientific
4 pcs = $13.50 ($3.37 ea)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Timken Bearings may have cost $15-25 each, but last forever?
So perhaps take your failed bearings and go to a local shop that sells bearings or Grainger, and get quality replacement bearings of the correct size. Problem solved... I would never wait for bearings that can be received in a day or two at most.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a new Hustler Raptor XL, 54 inch, 23 HP Kawasaki, April 2022 --
In August with only 17 hours, the front wheel bearings failed. Part # 607026. My dealer had none available, so ordered them. Today, still not in, over two months later....This is a $7.00 part, needing four of them...
I've contacted Hustler numerous times, questioning the quality - and I suspect these are imported bearings, sitting in a container on the Ocean?
Spend over $4,000 for a machine that lasts four months and becomes unusable? Is this a sign of a lemon?
Just attempting to express my frustration with Hustler; as this is my second Hustler, as I had a 48 inch Sport for 10+ years.
Having worked AT the original Snapper plant in Georgia up until B&S bought us & closed the plant I do know for a FACT many of these companies have shifted FROM U.S. manufactures to outside the U.S. for their purchased parts & even mfg parts, I have QUIT using the BB front wheel bearings, the last set I bought lasted 30 minutes at most, the bearing had NO grease in it whatsoever, for 2 years i have used PLASTIC bushings in my Snapper Hydro Tractor and the 60" pull behind cutter here in sandy Florida, one of the things I really like about them it that their Inside diameter LENGTH covers a MUCH WIDER aka LENGTH than the original ball bearing ones thus more support, because of such I can use them on Snapper RER front spindles what have HUGE & DEEP wear gouges in them because the plastic covers MUCH MORE area than the BB ones, thus before I would of had to buy new spindles and now I don't

1 - 5 of 5 Posts