My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The process for switching from the "mowing mode" to the "flip-up mode" involves a few steps. I found out that if you SKIP THE FIRST STEP of raising the deck to the Transport level and go directly to moving the lock pin from the storage position to the service position and pull the frame release lever to rear-and-down, the mower will disable itself with the deck binding because it was in the lowered position! Anyone know how I undue this situation w/o damaging my one season old Hustler? Neither the Operator's Manual nor the Service Manual offers any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got no suggestions or solutions so I decided to wing it: 1.) carefully place mower on rear wheel blocks approx. 10" high being careful to allow mower deck access from between rear wheels. 2.) Slide a low garage jack under rear of the deck and gently lift the deck only until you hear a click as the deck goes to the transport position. Hold the deck in that position and return deck locking lever to the locked position ( handle vertical). DONE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts