My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am having trouble getting my Husqvarna YTH21K46 riding mower to start after removing a broken blade engagement cable. I removed the broken cable and attempted to install a new replacement cable. To do this I had to move the gas tank (underneath the steering wheel) out of the way to gain access to the one end of the cable. I did not disconnect anything electrically though.

Once I discovered that the new cable was too short I removed it completely and after putting the gas tank back in the tractor will not even crank now. Looking for any ideas here on what could have happened. This is just a mechanical cable that pulls a spring and belt pulley on the deck so I don’t know what would cause the tractor not to start without it, especially since the tractor still started and ran fine with the broken cable before. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
To do this I had to move the gas tank (underneath the steering wheel) out of the way to gain access to the one end of the cable. I did not disconnect anything electrically though.
Occam's Razor would lead one to believe that moving the gas tank may have disturbed some wiring...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There must be some kind of blade safety switch on the deck for the reverse mowing cutoff that it has if the key is not in reverse mowing selector. Is that someone on the deck? Just trying to determine the most lily culprit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I have it running now! All I did was reconnect the spring underneath the deck engagement lever (that normally retains and pulls on the clutch cable) and it now cranks (and runs). Strange but glad it's running again. Still at a loss for why the blade engagement clutch cable is too short. I will post separately on that to avoid confusion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts