My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the LED indicator lights blink and the grass collector fails to open.
after a few minutes lights out and the collector, grass box opened.
pressing the open/close button did nothing. 1st time i moved the key
to the middle so the LED front light came on. fiddled with that. Engine was running
couple of minutes. 2nd time I played with the 4xfuse box and the engine cut out! this seems like a loose
cable coming in. the grass box functioned after that. maybe unrelated -
engine was running a few minutes by then. Any help would be great!
Tomorrow I'm taking a closer look at both these things!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have a response to your issues, but can I ask what how you find the auger when mowing wet grass? Does it clog up at all or how often and how easy is it to clean?
I'm looking at one of these but there aren't any reviews that I can find. Actual owners is better but finding them is hard too lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I think the machine is excellent! I bought mine really to take up leaves. I use it for work and I couldn't deal with rakes and bags any more. The auger light has come on a few times trying to pick piles of matted wet leaves. The deck was clogged where it meets the auger base. Sometimes it clogged but the auger was ok. I guess when it does clog, it's just the auger base or deck base or both! Not blowing leaves into a long line also helps. What I've picked up is impressive. I would say 95% of the time is really good. To un-clog is simply put deck into service position and remove large ball of material. Lower and go again. Turning the auger manually with provided steel rod also clears the auger rotation. Red LED goes out. For mulching anything I've put the auger up, as if you were putting the deck into service position. I've found this helps cut grass exit the rear where otherwise the auger sits. Long wet grass in mulching mode can create a humming noise, I think raising the auger helps with this.
Hope this helps, I'm sure it could cope perfectly with dry debris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts