My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower MZ5424S. While mowing the other day, I heard a heck of a noise. Looked around and noticed the belt had jumped off. Took mower back to the barn, got into it and noticed the belt was actually cut in half, two spindles were completely snapped off AND the baffle that is welded to the under side of the deck was partially off and mangled. I can't seem to find the front and back welded baffles for sale by themselves (not the baffles that are bolted on). These baffles were welded to the underside of the deck. A new deck shell is $860 plus freight. I torched the remaining baffle off, replaced the spindles, put on a new belt and finished mowing with out the baffles but I definitely notice a difference in the way it cuts and moves clippings.

Does anyone know where I can buy the baffles? NOT the three flat baffles that are bolted on. I need the front welded baffle and the back welded baffle that kind of form a circle around the three blades. It would be hard for me to fabricate all the curves.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you can weld some flat sheet metal in place it would be better than nothing. I picture three or more pieces in a flat top "A" shape. Or if you can bend a single piece into a similar shape. It doesn't have to be curved

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can weld some flat sheet metal in place it would be better than nothing. I picture three or more pieces in a flat top "A" shape. Or if you can bend a single piece into a similar shape. It doesn't have to be curved
Thank you for the help. I actually found an old 54" deck for a lawn tractor so the deck deck does not fit my zero turn but it is basically the same parts. I cut the baffle off the old deck, took a pattern, and then welded the baffle onto my deck. Seems to be working well. I took the pattern so I can make a few up this fall/winter and then maybe sell them. I can't believe there are none available. I don't know if my deck was built on a Monday deck (employees hung over from the weekend) or a Friday deck (hurry up lets get out of here to start the weekend) but the quality of Husqvarna has definitely gone down hill. Maybe time to switch to red or green.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts