#1 ·
Husqvarna Model #: 961450024 02 with a Honda GCV 160 engine
Changed the following with new:
Spark plug
Coil
Fuel
Air filter
Carburetor

Will not start and run, any suggestions?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Welcome to MLF Sarge.
Have you confirmed you have spark ?
Have you confirmed you have fuel flow through the carb and it IS going into the cylinder? ( spark plug should be wet )
Have you tried squirting a little gas through the spark plug hole or the throat of the carb?
Does the motor pop or even try to start?
Were you cutting the grass and the mower just stopped and wouldn't restart or has the machine been sitting for awhile?

The more info you give, the more answers you will get.
Hello,

Yes, it will run fine for 10-15 minutes (from cold) and then die. I will try to restart it (while hot) and it will run for 5-10 seconds and then die again. I suspect a fuel issue but with a new carb, etc. I am left wondering. I further suspect a chock problem.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Surging is continuous, I tried manually adjusting the speed by moving the throttle linkage and it eventually died after only a few seconds trying to get it to idle smoothly. After that it would not restart.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I took the brand new carburetor off and removed the bowl. I found some corrosion inside of it. I can not say for a fact that was the cause of the issue, but I cleaned it out, reassembled the carb, reinstalled it and it has been working fine ever since. Thank you to all those that provided some technical ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.