My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this mower up on FBM for my own use (not to fix & resell). Was in decent shape but needed some minor fixes here and there. It has a small crack in the deck near the right front motor mount, will have to find a local welder to fix that for me. I didn't find much online about repairing the various issues this mower has so I figured this would be a good place to document them, so post up if you have anything!
One of the big issues with these is the plastic front axle support brackets (part #532439077) breaking or the 1 screw that holds them on stripping out. For some reason they only used a single screw even though the deck is drilled for 2 screws. I found someone that has an STL to 3D print your own replacements (they're $40 a pair to buy new). I checked mine out and the brackets were still good (so didn't need to print new ones) but the screws had stripped out. I fixed this by using a couple M4 x 20 bolts with a couple flat washers, and a nut with blue threadlock.
Next fix will be an oil leak where the governor rod goes through the block (common issue with the Honda GCV160 engine), Honda part 91231-891-003 is a seal that goes over the rod to fix that problem, will post some pics when that gets done.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Orange Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Fender

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Insect Wood Arthropod Natural material Hardwood

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Sports equipment Bumper

Wood Gas Tints and shades Carmine Electric blue

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't actually need them but figured I'd print them to make sure they'd work and so anyone interested can have a gander, these are the 3D printed front axle support brackets. They feel pretty solid.
Tool Auto part Titanium Metal Composite material

Auto part Metal Wood Titanium Aluminium

1 - 2 of 2 Posts