My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys the Huskee I referenced in an earlier post with the B&S 23HP 446777 still isn't running. The carburetor was pretty bad off so that as well as the fuel pump has been replaced. The problem I am having is that it won't start on its own. I can get it started with starter fluid but once the ether burns off it shuts right down. I started checking fuel lines because I only have a small amount of fuel in the filter and I found this at the bottom of the tank. It looks like it might be kinked enough to not flow freely. Short of getting another piece of hose (which I may have to do) does anyone have any ideas? I tried rotating it but it's not changing anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, nevermind, I was able to run the fuel line a little lower and take the kink out. Finally got this thing running so thanks to everyone for their help. Now to figure out how to attach this deck.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I would replace the hose anyway. They go bad over time!

Reactions: motorhead12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks again guys. I was able to get the deck mounted but when I engage the blades they were running very rough. The entire deck is shaking and is a lot louder than it should be. I disengaged and re-engaged and the belt popped off. I verified the belt was put on the right way and put it on again. I tried turning it by hand and it's nearly impossible. It also appears the main engine pulley is slightly lower than the deck pulleys because the belt appears to be being pulled up to those pulleys, thus riding on the very bottom edge of them. All of the pulleys turn easily except for the main one. When I turn it by hand it is quite difficult.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you were, amateur mistake of not checking the belt closely. Replaced it and just cut the front yard. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Glad you found your issue! We all learn this way! All of us do it, we did it today ourselves! Made a mistake that cost me some paint on my prized John Deere!
Always learning!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts