My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, I thought Husqvarna made decent mowers, but I'm 0 for 2 with the 54" I've got.
Bought at Lowes, $2600 ...
I returned the 1st one because it had a weird high pitch squeak in the engine and did not cut level.
2nd mower ... cuts exactly the same
I've adjusted the deck wheels to try and at least keep the sides from digging too low in a turn, triple checked tire pressures, no matter which direction I run it, I can see lines for all 3 blades ... it just looks horrible.
I never had this issue with my old cheap riders ... Troy-Bilt and Poulan were both surprisingly decent, just takes longer to cut with a 42". I wanted the bigger deck to try and shorten the cut time, but I just get mad every time I look at it.
Did I get 2 crap mowers, is it a Husqvarna thing, or should I just go back to a cheap 42" ????

·
Registered
13 Posts
I overlap the next cut to the previous making a smooth cut.... All mowers with multi blades being offset will do the same thing as you say. Nature of the beast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense, but ridiculously annoying ... all my other mowers have been a 2 blade deck and never showed uneven cuts unless a blade was bent or a tire was really low.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a TS42, a 42" 2 blade Husqvarna. If I let the grass get really long and do a single cut I will have a center stripe of grass being missed between the 2 blades. I have learned that every maker with a multi-blade can have this happen. My old JD SX85 had a 30" single blade and never seen stripes till I got a multi blade. My sister in law brand new JD S130 complained that see experiencing same thing as you. Told her to do an overlap.... besides it will help chop us the already cut grass real fine. I went to just over an hour with a walk behind now 1/2 hour with my rider.... so I ain't complaining. Oh and can have a beer while cutting the grass ! !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts