My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this video, had no clue they made these. I know about the battery push mowers everyone carries and also a commercial zero turn so I thought I'd share this.

Doesn't look bad and seems to work well for what it is.

Reactions: wh55

· Registered
234 Posts
Wow I'm impressed. I was right with that guy who thought it wouldn't be able to cut through anything but man it looks like it does a fine job for the market for which it was intended. There are definitely benefits for having that.

A neighbor of mine has a good battery powered push mower and trimmer, can't remember the name but the green and gray ones at Home Depot. His grass gets tall and thick and that thing goes right through it no problem. And jeez it's quiet. I haven't seen this rider before but if it's as good as it seems I bet they sell a bunch.

· Administrator
6,319 Posts
:tango_face_glasses:

More refined then the ole GE from the 70's. A neighbor to my uncle had one of the GE but as I recall he could not even mow a full half acre or so with it between charges. Battery tech has come along way since then. The fellow below is claiming a lot longer run time then that now with the old models and newer batteries.

My Elec-Traks - Introduction

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Yikes! is right! Plus with the batteries on board it has the same weight as a standard mower coming in at 595 lbs.

I wouldn't be apposed to getting one with what little I take care of. However in 3 years when the warranty goes out what type of future can this machine hold? Parts prices? Time will tell...

I'll let someone else test them out before I take the plunge :)

· Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Figured it's worth a note to mention Ariens was in the market with this same product years ago and I'm guessing they were before their time. But now that cordless mowers, blowers, and trimmers have invaded the big box stores the Ryobi will probably gain more popularity.

https://www.mowersdirect.com/Ariens-916002-Lawn-Mower/p2870.html

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did see that, then there are these:

Only thing is are the blade motors rebuildable as far as the bearings go because replacing them in a few years seems pricey for not having the blades balance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.