My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy send me this link to an upcoming auction. It's over 200 lots of military vehicles, tanks, missiles, etc. from countries across the globe. Generally, WWII and up. It was one man's collection and he passed away at 59. The link is to the catalog which is loaded with pics and info. It's a history lesson in itself!

2014 The Littlefield Collection - Auctions America

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
That is so cool, Ellis.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I may spend a few hours looking. Already spent about half an hour ..... need to check out all 245 pages. :cool

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is so cool, Ellis.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I may spend a few hours looking. Already spent about half an hour ..... need to check out all 245 pages. :cool
Did you happen to see the blue pre-war half track Citroen? That would be very tempting if I were there. I can't see it going at that estimate(too low IMO), even with a motor that's supposedly needs rebuilding. Also the Russian m/c with side car and the Russian mini DUKW. Really like those too :cool

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cool link Ellis.
I spotted a flail in there, that is one scary machine to see in action. They were used in WWII to destroy hedge rows in Europe so there was no place for the Germans to hide and have even been used to cut a path through known mine fields. OMG!
Some big boy toys in that auction for sure.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That is truly unreal!! Amazing collection to say the very least. Like Mark said, I could spend hours reading the history on everyone of them. What a unique assortment.

Talk about the ultimate guys' playground.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Did you happen to see the blue pre-war half track Citroen? That would be very tempting if I were there. I can't see it going at that estimate(too low IMO), even with a motor that's supposedly needs rebuilding. Also the Russian m/c with side car and the Russian mini DUKW. Really like those too :cool
That Citroen is beautiful, never seen one like it!

I see a few things that I'd find fun to own and parade around with. The first is the Lot#1109, the M43B1 Ambulance. Lot#1075 M5A1 High Speed Tractor. Lot#1041, MACK 7 1/2 ton truck, super cool! Lots more but those are the highlights for me.

Thanks for the link!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts