My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the above model from Home Depot floor models. I got it home and realized it was missing 1 or 2 key parts. It starts but idles VERY slow, it is apparently missing a spring or two and maybe a rod on the side by the fuel shutoff knob. Can anyone post a picture of theirs to show me what I need to get or look at my pics and tell me what is missing.

Thank You

It was a great deal, I don't want to take it back if it is just a couple $4 parts

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLMF!

I know it's a hassel and all, but I would personally take it back if it's missing parts and exchange for one that's not. You shouldn't have to purchase missing parts out of pocket and generally Honda parts are fairly expensive on top of it.

Here are a few links to linkage diagrams: Thanks for the help. I also need a diagram of the carb linkage - JustAnswer

I have a HRX 217, and I was wondering if you can answer a question - JustAnswer

This one has a couple of close up pictures,
Thanks for the help. I also need a diagram of the carb linkage - JustAnswer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you are saying but it is the last one left and was quite a steal. I may have to take it back though :(

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
You could print out one of those diagrams, show them the missing parts and they could probably order them for you if they don't have any others.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I think you've got the GCV190 engine on that mower, which is basically the same as the GCV160. I have one of those, and I'll try to get a picture of mine for you tomorrow and look at some parts diagrams to see what might be missing on yours. Right off hand, looks like a spring or two that is supposed to be connected at the bottom of the governor rod.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Here's the set up on my GCV160 for you to compare. Looking at your pictures, my picture and the parts diagram Austen found, seems that the spring on mine, the one under the red fuel shut off, is all you're missing. On your mower it would hook into the hole on the end of the rod just to the right of your air filter at one end, and the hole at the end of the curved rod at the bottom of the governor arm. It's part #3 in the exploded parts diagrams Austen found. At least that's all I see, hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Thank You for the post. I rigged it with a piece of wire today but that was just a quick fix. Looks like just a spring, thanks a million. There are a couple of other holes that looks like something might go in but it runs with the wire fix so I'll go for it!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Good deal!

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Great! Yep, there are additional holes on mine as well, maybe for other models, maybe for other applications, but that spring is what keeps tension on your governor arm and makes it work.

Since it was bought new, there should certainly be a warranty on it, and I'd recommend you check that out.

If not, it's only a little over a buck for one from boats.net. You could check other places too. Maybe the local Honda Power dealer has one in stock for you.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...ER, USA, VIN# MAGA-1400001/CONTROL/parts.html

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here's the page from the shop manual; looks like the Governor Spring is missing. The part number is 16561-Z0L-000 and can be ordered from any Honda Power Equipment dealer. Below the image is a link to find a dealer by ZIP code.

-Robert the Honda Guy

Find a dealer at this link:

Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers, Tillers

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts