My Lawnmower Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, all from our suppliers in China / Taiwan / Hong Kong. We buy lots of parts on eBay/other sites from worldwide sources to repair obsolete equipment and don't mind waiting for 3-4 week delivery times for free shipping at these prices.

·
Premium Member
9,017 Posts
Nice work!! Looks well done! :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Over on the snowblower forum, there was discussion of using power tool battery adapters for powering larger LED headlights on machines without alternators or starting batteries. I purchased one of these adapters for my 12V Ridgid Jobmax tool batteries:

After experimenting with the battery adapter on my snowblower's 32" LED light bar, it proved to be a well-made and useful part. I am going to use the adapter to replace the problematic SLA starting battery on my HR214SMA mower (problematic since the mower now resides in a shed that doesn't have a power source for keeping the battery charged). I can just pull start it, but if my wife wants to use it she can just plug in one of the charged Ridgid batteries to get her going... The little GXV120 can be started with a 2.9Ah SLA, so the 4.0Ah Li-Ion Ridgid battery should be plenty, and the voltage is a close match (just a little higher).

Attachments

Reactions: Grunt
21 - 24 of 24 Posts