My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Honda products. This HR21 SXM was given to me and runs well. What I can't figure out is that the model # plate reads "HR21-CN,", and on the deck is SXM.

Trying to find out age, origin(Canada?) and I can't find what SXM stands for.

Thanks, great site.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Welcome to the site!

There is a guy around here by the name of [email protected] that will be able to give you the exact date your mower was made. The 'S' in the SXM stands for selfpropelled, and the 'X' denotes that your mower has the Blade Brake Clutch. I'm not certain, but the 'M' be for electric start.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the M also meant "electric start" but mine was not set up for that.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The "M" was part of the VERY old model names, but the brain trust here in the office can only tell me that, and not much more. Not really sure what the "M" actually meant...all those guys are retired.

That said, I can tell you a lot more from the *engine* serial number; it is on the block, and should start with "GV150" which is the Vertical Engine 150cc code...

Let me know if you need parts, etc. or whatever.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That serial number is outside the range of units we have available to pull up on our internal systems. So, while it probably just fine, I don't have any way to confirm any details about that unit.

Let me know if you need help with parts or service items. Those I can look up easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts