My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I decided to change the hydrostatic transmission fluid on my Honda Harmony H2113HDA mower. Watched a few YouTube videos and read some stuff online - seemed like you just drain, replace, and bleed air. Simple enough. Well, I drained from what was clearly a drain bolt on the bottom of the transmission and out came all the old oil including what was in the oil level check container that sits on the back of the mower. Great! Then I go to fill the oil at that container and all I can do is fill the container, it won't actually fill the transmission with oil. What the heck!? I figured maybe I need to do some bleeding or something to get air out so I ran the engine and put it into forward reverse a little bit while the wheels were off the ground. No movement. I can even push the mower as if it were in transport bypass when it isn't in transport bypass! Not good. So then I took the dang transmission out of the mower body, put it on a bench, and I found two hex bolt caps that cover some sort of ball bearing port and I decided that I was in over my head and these must be for pressurized fluid fill or something. I put the transmission back and now I must have installed something wrong (even though I reversed 100%) and now the wheels are locked! There was never a whiz, bang, or boom - just drained the oil!

What am I missing? Is there a proper way to refill these things? Why in the world did they make a transmission that can't have the fluid refilled if it is drained? Goofy. Local repair shops around me are all wheezy about working on the transmission saying its too old and you can't get parts and yada yada. Which clearly isn't the case. For one its a common transmission and second I can order the whole transmission online easily (for $900 flippin' dollars, which isn't going to happen, haha). :help:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts