My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dads old land lord gave me a riding mower, said he had no clue if it ran or anything last time he parked it 9 years ago it ran. i got it loaded up brought it home out some good gas in her and she fired right up. i never asked him what year it was though, and i’d really like to find out. sorry for the crappy pics, as i took screen shots from a video i took. I know it says

18/44 Lowe’s, and motor is a 18hp B&S motor! thanks for all help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked at it a little bit last night when i picked up the tractor, but it was already 10:30 11 so i wrapped it up for the night, i’m going to go back down to the building today, whenever i get off and start looking into some stuff. i am going to need a new deck i imagine.
try to find the serial number on the tractor, normally the year is like the 2 number at the end of the serial number

·
Registered
201 Posts
Briggs and stratton Opposed twin on it, so it's probably very early 00's or late 90's.
The model number on the engine will tell you when the engine was manufactured You have the Model number, followed by the Type number, followed by the code. the first 2 digits are usually the year, next 2 are the month and next is the day.
so a date code of 980722_____ would be July 22nd, 1998.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10/4, i will update as soon as i’m off work
Briggs and stratton Opposed twin on it, so it's probably very early 00's or late 90's.
The model number on the engine will tell you when the engine was manufactured You have the Model number, followed by the Type number, followed by the code. the first 2 digits are usually the year, next 2 are the month and next is the day.
so a date code of 980722_____ would be July 22nd, 1998.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i did that and got two different sets of motors. the set on the motor reads 422707 and the one underneath the seat reads 42517. i have pictures of the tags as well if you’d need to see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts