My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to quitting time and boss sent me on local meet to help customer out. While going there a young girl was making a left turn and guess she never saw me and drove right into side of the Duramax! :(
I had green light and right of way. Defensive driving teaches to look at people eyes and she had sun glasses on, but could see she was going to turn. I tried to avoid it but big curb on right, could only go so far. What a suck. I stayed calm but still have the tension headache right now! Heard officer tell her she failed to yield right of way. I got back to work to a novel of paperwork. Boss let everyone go home early but me. I had to fill out the paper work until 10 minutes till 5. Bummed as I must not look good with this company, second incident in a year. First was the police ticket with plate. :dunno:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Ouch!

Sometimes the unavoidable happens. You had no control.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all! I still run it through my mind thinking of other options I could have done. Hard not too!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I really hope your boss realizes this wasn't your fault, neither was the plate incident in MHO. You just happen to be the driver on that one.
I'm glad no one was hurt.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
devans, thank fully he seemed to realize the law of averages! You do as many miles as a driver does it is bound to happen!
What concerns me is I had this headache since! It may be allergy related, but parents concerned. May go to DR tomorrow if no better! I checked blood pressure with our machine and seemed good.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well this headache is alot worse, kind that lifting hurts worse. Can't work like this. Got appointment for 10:30am.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm on the road every day of the year, for a days work and everything else. You can only do as much as you can to avoid an accident! You weren't cited by the local PD, so it is what it is, an inconvenience to the boss but nothing more! He'll get the other insurance company to get him a loaner truck for the down time to repair his truck. In the end, he'll get over it!

I would try and stay under the radar for a spell just in case though, if this worries you. It's a way of life for me at my day job, if they don't know I'm in the building I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well DR wants me home a WEEK!?! Guess it is severe stress headache or something! I got some meds and will try to stay away from dad, I want to help him at his "day" job!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Think no pay my friend! :( Not sure what is cause, sudden movements causes it to flare in right temple. Woke me a few times last night. It seem a little better on these meds, Thank God!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Don't be so down on yourself... I'm glad your safe and the other parties involved. I'm thinking the company won't see this as your fault. You just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.. :( Keep us posted.

Reactions: Ericjr16
1 - 20 of 36 Posts