My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ethanol

Just my 2 cents here. I recently bought a new VW over here. I asked the salesman about E10 fuel. He told me that while all car manufactures say that e10 is ok for their cars, no one has ever put it down on paper with a binding warranty. He said this also applied to small engines. They will run well for a certain period and then the trouble comes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Old thread; surprised there aren't more postings to this basic topic.

[my experience here], if I mow every week (my last lawn actually didn't need it ...) there's no drama starting the Honda. Couple of pulls at the most, probably 1 or 2. Just like "Clara" did back in the '80s TV commercials.

Once a month ... pull it a few times, like 4-5? More? (my last lawn actually didn't need it every week ...)

First pull of the season, and you left old gas in it, and didn't run it dry or empty the carb bowl with a wrench? Take it somewhere to get the carb cleaned, or remove it and DIY.

First pull of the season, and you left old gas in it, and you ran it dry and/or ran it until it died when turning off the fuel supply? It starts with a few pulls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts