My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the Honda transmissions on the HR series mowers. I've seen many for sale lately, where the xmission is broke. Most people say they're too expensive to fix. Do they have a problem with these?

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I've got two HR214's, and both had badly worn axels where they passed through the transmission case. The seals were shot, but nothing else in side had any abnormal wear. I don't really understand why they did this, since the axels are actually held at each end where they pass through the height adjusters, and only the weight of the transmission bears on the axel. I showed the axels to my local Honda dealer, and he was surprised to see the damage. Seems the seals went out, allowing the oil to escape, and the axels wore. I replaced the axels, all the seals and refilled them with oil. They work just like new. I'll just remember to take a look at the seals every time I flip them over to clean off the deck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One of my HR214 tranny wont stay in 2nd, it goes into 2nd and works if I hold the lever there, I think it is the cable adjustment that I need to fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts