My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
It's a little hard to say who manufactures the transmission used in your lawn tractor. Unfortunately, I don't believe Honda actually manufactures the complete tractor. There were in fact two lawn tractors manufactured by John Deere here in the United States at one time. Other than the engine and some cosmetic differences, the rest of the tractor was John Deere. If you read the information on the World Honda web site, Honda's lawn mowers are made in a number of different countries including the United States, France, Australia, China and Italy.

Honda Worldwide | Power Products - Lawnmowers

There is a foot note to that information stating that riding lawn mower production is consigned to GGP, which is Global Garden Products whose headquarters are in Italy.

Home - Global Garden Products

When I did a search for your model, a UK site came up that showed parts for the Honda that also fit the Castel Garden and Montfield brands of lawn tractors, both of which are GGP brands.

You may find that your transmission is a Peerless brand, but don't take my word for it. I mention it because GGP is listed as one of the companies that utilize their transmissions.

Home

I know that there are service manuals available for all of the various pieces of Honda outdoor power equipment, past and present, here in the U.S. I've tried finding a shop manual for the HF2213, but have not been able to locate one yet. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi bwdbrn1,

yes it's a bit different with the HONDA machines. My HF2620 for example is produced in France. Also my HRX537.

For me, the hydros are perfect! But in my technical opinion, it is absolutely neccessary to change the hydro-oil.

In the picture you see a hydro-oil out of my HRB476. The hydro was still working fine. But the oil looks awful.

So I also want to change the oil of the HF2213. In Germany, all manuals and dealers say, that it is not neccessary. But my technical brain says NO!!

Greets grom Bavaria, in hope to get some information to the HF2213:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
That is a really beautiful machine you have. Sadly, Honda riders are no longer made available here in the States so I'll admit to having tractor envy. I believe zero turns here lead to their demise and perhaps the fact that less expensive lawn tractors that are available fit most consumer's needs and whims.

I searched long and hard to find myself an H4514 with a hydro transmission. I like the hydro transmissions also. So much so that I located a hydro transmission to replace the three speed in my HR215 walk behind.

I'll continue my search for information for you on your HF2213.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
I found this, but my understanding of what it offers depends on the accuracy of translation on Bablefish.com. I'll let you decide if it's worth looking into further.

HONDA HF2213Werkzeuge | Handbuch in Deutsch Herunterladen #3D

That is quite the machine you shared photos of. Honda doesn't offer anything of that sort with all the various ways it can be used that I've ever seen. Sickle mowers are pretty much a thing of the past here as safety regulations have limited the manufacture here to pretty much one company that I know of. I have seen machines that can be used with a variety of attachments marketed here by BCS and Grillo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts