My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I live in England and I bought a my Honda HT 3813 in 1985 (Shows my age) I gave it a name " Horace" and it has given me many years of wonderful service.
Now it is failing all be cause of this part called a tank comp. fuel catch, no one in this country knows what I am talking about, and Honda say that this part is obsolete, so what I am asking is, what does this part do and how can I replace it or by pass it, I don't think I can bypass it as I have tried and the carborator floods, I have tried a fuel restictor and that does not allow enough fuel to the carborator to run the engine for more than 20 mins. Anyone out there that knows what I am talking about please, please, please, give me your advice I am going nuts watching the grass grow.

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
Sounds like it might be some sort of fuel pressure regulator. Do you have the part number for it?

I did not see it listed in the current diagrams I found on the web of the fuel tank components and the carburetor for that engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ht 3813

Hi
I live in England and I bought a my Honda HT 3813 in 1985 (Shows my age) I gave it a name " Horace" and it has given me many years of wonderful service.
Now it is failing all be cause of this part called a tank comp. fuel catch, no one in this country knows what I am talking about, and Honda say that this part is obsolete, so what I am asking is, what does this part do and how can I replace it or by pass it, I don't think I can bypass it as I have tried and the carborator floods, I have tried a fuel restictor and that does not allow enough fuel to the carborator to run the engine for more than 20 mins. Anyone out there that knows what I am talking about please, please, please, give me your advice I am going nuts watching the grass grow.
Sounds like it might be some sort of fuel pressure regulator. Do you have the part number for it?

I did not see it listed in the current diagrams I found on the web of the fuel tank components and the carburetor for that engine.
Hi
Yes the part no is 17531-750-800 but Honda say it is obsolete.
Any suggestions would be very welcome

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
Unfortunately I'm coming up dry on any thoughts. I can't even get the number to show up anywhere let alone listed as no longer available. :confused:

Can you post a picture of the part and where it is located? Do you see the part in the exploded views at the links below?

All Years HT3813 SA LAWN TRACTOR, JPN Honda Lawn Tractor CARBURETOR (HT3813-K1-4213) Diagram and Parts

All Years HT3813 SA LAWN TRACTOR, JPN Honda Lawn Tractor FUEL TANK + FUEL PUMP Diagram and Parts

Main link: All Years HT3813 SA LAWN TRACTOR, JPN Honda Lawn Tractor Parts

I found these GX360 manuals on Honda Europe but was unable to come up with anything there either unless you see something I might have missed.

http://www.honda-engines-eu.com/en/images/999.pdf

Starting to wonder if maybe this was something unique to England or European models. If so one would think there ought to be a workaround but.... :dunno:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Let me ask some of the brain trust around the office. Our chief engineer who handled all the Honda riding equipment retired last month, but might find somebody here who recalls how that catch tank works.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's very helpful of you Robert!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts