My Lawnmower Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Smart Drive

After second time mowing, getting used to it. Can't imagine mowing without the Smart Drive, and wondered about it's history. Are there many cases where it stopped working? Just a little leery, because I had two Personal Pace Toros where the Personal Pace stopped working after a year. Really hope I have better luck with my Honda. Also, any self maintance I can do to keep it in good shape? Thanks.

· Registered
459 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
• Inspect and adjust the Smart Drive cable every 25 hours.
• Squirt some silicone spray down the cable jacket once a year.

• I am going to try and attach a 10-page PDF file that covers troubleshooting the Smart Drive transmission in detail. Here's the link:

http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=807&stc=1&d=1333981467

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.
Hey Robert,

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a Honda HRR216VKA from a local retailer. Yesterday I went to use the mower for the 3rd time and the smart drive didn't work at all. I haven't had a chance to check the cabling yet on it (going to when I get home from work), but wanted to see if you had any other advice to check out in regards to the smart drive not working.

Thanks for your help!
Jarod

· Registered
459 Posts
Hey Robert,

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a Honda HRR216VKA from a local retailer. Yesterday I went to use the mower for the 3rd time and the smart drive didn't work at all.
Jarod
You are more than welcome to have a dealer inspect the mower and if it's determined to be a defect, your warranty should cover the cost of any repairs. The downside is many dealers are very busy servicing mowers right now, so there may be a bit of a wait. To find a Honda dealer in your area, go here:

Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

If you'd prefer to DIY, see the images attached to this message for the troubleshooting procedures for the mower. Hope this helps!

[email protected]

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Attachments

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey guys. Had to reformat my computer and finally found this site again. I thank you for y'alls help. Just getting ready to store my mower. Never messed with double blades as far as sharpening. Any hints? Thanks

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Welcome back ron! Glad you got everything straitened out. As far as double blades.....becareful! I don't know any secrets, just the basics as far as the correct blade angle and make sure you keep them balanced. Maybe someone else here might have a secret or two to share about double blades.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.