My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,213 Posts
I'll chime in as well. I don't want to necessarily take away from Home Depot, or any other big box store. We have a member who contributes frequently with some very good and helpful advise from HD. But, by all means, take a look at what the Honda dealer has to offer, if you haven't already done so. If you have, please go back and look again The price you mention is only $50 below the suggested retail. I have seen better deals than that on power equipment at my local Honda dealer, and there is no way to beat the product knowledge the dealer would have. If nothing else, you ay learn more about the product from a person who has worked on them.

· Super Moderator
6,213 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like you are a bit disappointed. I'm not familiar with the Smart Drive system on your mower, so I can't comment on the way it is supposed to feel. Were you mulching, bagging or just discharging the grass you were cutting? What height did you have it set at?

· Super Moderator
6,213 Posts
Hondas are good mowers. The Quadra Cut system is two blades, one mounted on top of the other with the cutting edges slightly offset, to cut material up finer. It seems to work well on the mowers I have used with it. I like it on mine. Looking at the manual, the height adjustments range from 1 1/8" at the lowest up to 4" at the highest, and you're right at 2" at your setting. Maybe the bogging won't be as noticeable now that you've mowed with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.