Obviously its a older mower...but I loved it. Late last year I replaced the leaking oil seal, all went well or so I thought. Being a backyard kind of mechanic I know my limits and try to adapt to them ( ie putting parts such as bolts and nuts back on right away before they get mixed up) that in mind I took snap shots of various states of the project. Unfortunately I neglected to note where and which way the blade clutch springs went, I guessed. WRONG. Apon pulling I noticed it acted like the clutch was engaged all the time ( ie. the pull start was so hard it was almost impossible) Not having the time to play with it I took it to a local tech school to be repaired. Nine months later I picked it up, not fixed and more wrong with it. Not only is the clutch still wrong, now when I disengaged the springs to start it and check the engine it idles fine in choke...until you put it in run. It then sounds like a crotch rocket. Wayyyy too many rpm's I killed it as quick as can be. I could use some actual Knowledge and a point in the right direction.