Wood Household hardware Auto part Jewellery Automotive tire
Automotive tire Crankset Motor vehicle Gear Bicycle part
Wood Circuit component Rectangle Electric blue Font
Brown Outerwear Dress shirt Sleeve Grey
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Wheel Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Crankset Motor vehicle Gear Bicycle part

Wood Household hardware Auto part Jewellery Automotive tire

Gear Wood Automotive tire Bicycle part Auto part

My Honda HR2150 from 1992 should have 3 gears but only has one working, other than that it works perfectly. It has just stopped driving so dismantled it, only to find the sprag clutch operating lever was broken and caught in the gears (photo 2).
Bought a new bit and fitted it but cant seem to understand the logic of how the gearchange mechanism works, this is the link honda mower hr2150
Al parts are present and not broken, my questions are the small spring clips that go down the tube inside the gears are too long and protrude into stuff at either end but they are hoked and lock the three gears together, cant be right can it.
Also
The gear change lever operates the ring that fits exactly around the plastic toothed item, therefore when its operated how does it move the gears as it just slides on theplastic item.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

GY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 62501
View attachment 62502
View attachment 62503 View attachment 62498 View attachment 62499 View attachment 62500 View attachment 62501 View attachment 62502 View attachment 62503 View attachment 62498 View attachment 62499 View attachment 62500 View attachment 62501 View attachment 62502 View attachment 62503
View attachment 62500
View attachment 62499
View attachment 62498
My Honda HR2150 from 1992 should have 3 gears but only has one working, other than that it works perfectly. It has just stopped driving so dismantled it, only to find the sprag clutch operating lever was broken and caught in the gears (photo 2).
Bought a new bit and fitted it but cant seem to understand the logic of how the gearchange mechanism works, this is the link honda mower hr2150
Al parts are present and not broken, my questions are the small spring clips that go down the tube inside the gears are too long and protrude into stuff at either end but they are hoked and lock the three gears together, cant be right can it.
Also
The gear change lever operates the ring that fits exactly around the plastic toothed item, therefore when its operated how does it move the gears as it just slides on theplastic item.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

GY
Well alls well that end well (ish), worked out how it works, but still does not move.
The two small clips clip inside the metal ring that slides outside the plastic retainer, the plastic retainer looks like it has teethe on the outside, wee two are opposite and are square the clips inside the metal ring fit inside this and slide up and down, pulling the three gearwheels, the gearwheels have a slope machined into one side this slop faces the plastic piece, got it all back together bit fiddly but it does go and gears now work, but no drive, the small rack and pinion is slipping perhaps shim it or but new.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts