I been trying to obtain a shop manual of a Honda harmony H1011
riding mower. Honda no longer offers this service manual, does anyone
know of copy in a PDF file type?

Service Manual part number 61772611

·
Registered
459 Posts
I been trying to obtain a shop manual of a Honda harmony H1011
riding mower. Honda no longer offers this service manual...
Actually, they do. I should know, as I wrote it way back in 1992.

Honda sells a paper copy direct (free shipping) on Amazon and eBay: $44.95

Links:

Amazon

eBay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually, they do. I should know, as I wrote it way back in 1992.

Honda sells a paper copy direct (free shipping) on Amazon and eBay: $44.95

Links:

Amazon

eBay
Hello [email protected] I know that this is an old thread but since you mentioned that you were involved in the writing of the Honda Harmony H1011 manual, I though you might entertain a question.

I have a copy of the of the manual. Mine is for the H1011S and is marked "Preliminary" I got it a few years ago when I was restoring an early H1011 and it was a great help.

The problem that I have now is whether to purchase the later version of the manual, "Second Edition". (Part Number 61772611E2). I need to know whether that version covers the Hydrostatic Transmission in any depth.

A concerted search of the Internet and phone calls to dealers has confirmed the fact that information on that device is very scarce indeed. If there is good information about the Hydrostatic transmission in the newest manual, I'd be quick to buy a copy, but I'm not willing to buy one otherwise.

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

GNM

The picture below is of the one that I restored. It's still running great with its standard transmission.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I need to know whether that version covers the Hydrostatic Transmission in any depth.
Not really...there are a few paragraphs on how to remove and install the transmission and a procedure on adjusting the shift lever...just a couple of pages, really.

FYI, there are no internal service parts for the HST, so if you have one that is not working properly, or has an obvious internal fault, the entire transmission must be replaced as a unit. As this is quite costly ($931list) you'd be better off to find a working transmission on a used machine. FYI, the part number for a new trans is 20001-772-700:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello again,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's exactly what I have discovered. There is little information on the Hydrostatic transaxle for the H1011 HS Riding Mower. I'm doing what you mentioned. I'm on a search for either model of the mower. If I can find one with a good hydro, I'll swap it. If I can find one with a good standard transaxle, I'll make myself a good mower out of the two.

I made my mistake 15 years ago when I bought the model with the hydro since they are a non-repairable unit and very expensive to boot. If I had bought the one with the standard transaxle, I'd bet that it would still be running. My older H1011 mower is one of the very earliest and it's still running with its standard shift.

Paying $900+ for a transaxle is a non-starter for me. LOL.

Thanks anyway. :tango_face_smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts