My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm the only one who has ever touched this mower. It just didn't make sense or seem right the new belt was that much wider. The belt came from a vendor called "click and save". Anyway last time I ever order parts from Amazon.
I also work on my older cars and trucks. I am aware of counterfeit parts including bearings, belts, spark plugs etc.
Having worked IN a Mower MFG plant during by outs Snapper bought out by Simplicity, then those bought out by B&S then those plants stripped & sold I saw parts that was designed & made many times under ONE roof being farmed out to CHI NA, saw it personally, even saw a container of MANY DIFFERENT U.S. name brand Generators that had just came out of the dock @ Savannah being delivered at the McDonough Ga. plant to be unloaded, ALL of the name brands had been MFG in ONE plant in CHI NA , so back to the original question, if you do work in CHI NA you pretty much give away you intellectual property, NOW, as the big auto mfgs have global parts sources so does the mower industry, ONE parts source could make belts for a thousand different "brands" now what you got could be for one or more of the following reasons. a) You got a updated revised part b) You got a obsolete part that had been in storage parts sales that they need to clean out c) You got a original part as above from a DIFFERENT supplier that had been approved d) Or you got a actual counterfeit part, after seeing first hand what I have I would choose a) b) c), in reality it would be NO need to counterfeit when you have the MFG capacity along with the original ingredients, you just BYPASS the middle man which is the U.S. brand owner, I have purchased IDENTICAL Lawn Equipment parts on Ebay that was SIGNIFICANTLY lower prices than the SAME parts in brand name packs in a U.S. store, the parts I received clearly said shipped FROM CHI NA, I lay the CHI NA direct part beside the part I got at Home Depot or Lowes & the parts are IDENTICAL, the U.S. sold package and/or part says Made in CHI NA, the parts I just received came from CHI NA, what has happened? CHI NA has bypassed the shipping directly to the distributors/big box stores and all their added costs along with UNDERMINING the U.S. owned & located sellers. Look I DON'T like giving the ____ party government my $$ but in reality what has happened the U.S. Brand owners sold out the U.S. FIRST by doing business wit them, I saw over a 1000 U.S. employees loose their jobs and lively hood when the INDIVIDUAL Brands they worked for bought them out and put the U.S. worker in the street, the investors also got and is getting screwed by these globalist U.S. companies, I say the U.S. mower industry is already pretty much screwed unless you buy a actual mower MADE HERE like the Bad Boy product.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand your want to help the local dealer etc, well just let them do all your service work, because they too are pretty much on the way out, these globalist company's are designing planned obsolescence mowers to NOT last, throw away mowers, if you find one you like buy NOW parts that will fail in the future IF you want to keep in, drive train parts/wheel motor rebuild kits etc. just saw the other day a Hydro trans top pulley was OBSOLETE, IMHO today a purchaser that wants a MAYBE lifetime mower would be better off buying a high $$ name brand ZTR that has rebuildable trans etc and then WHEN I bought it I'd go ahead and get rebuild kits WHILE they are avialiable. The ORIGINAL Snapper brand had a WONDERFUL dealer network that had been built BY the Original Snapper plant, when the yahoos bought out the brand they destroyed that network, REAL SHAME !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts