My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I have a honda HRB215 k3HXA that is slipping like crazy, its very unhappy. Im trying to accomplish two things here:

1. What exactly is causing this issue of it not wanting to always self propel or not have the speed it should? ide like to understand what is giving up the ghost, worn gears or somethings, just trying to educate myself.

2. Is replacing something the only option or is something wearing that I can fix?

thank you for your help, I'm very out of the water on mowers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgive my ignorance here, but i was under the impression this model doesnt use a drive belt?

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
forgive my ignorance here, but i was under the impression this model doesnt use a drive belt?
From the parts diagram for that model shows a belt from the engine to the transmission. (It runs the hydro pump internal in the transmission to pump oil under high pressure to the hydro motor in the transmission which then drives the wheels.)

Gesture Font Art Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so some more symptoms ive noticed. As im mowing the auto propel speed can be anywhere and it will eventually decrease the speed of the drive for a while. I also have some lurching characteristics that can be annoying. Does that still sound belt related?

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Add a bit of a rumble to this drive issue. the mower was bought for 125$ but this random drive issue kinda stinks for use and its quite noisy. not a happy mower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checking the drive belt and the tension spring. Also check the adjustment of the control cables.
so Ive been sitting on this issue for a while now and im about to get into this and see whats going on if I can. Two new things have happened related to the drive, 1. the cable for the drive lever broke, 2. the rear tires do not spin as the should when turning the mower, the lock up when the should be able to turn in opposite directions.

Is this all related or are these problems all separate?

thank you in advance and thank you for you patience, im very much a novice at this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts