My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.I decided to make a ATV. It is possible to connect the trailer to bring herbs, or use for recreation. You can go into the woods, fishing. etc. It all started when I bought two of gear "Muravey" It is possible to make all-wheel drive, but I probably will choose rear-wheel drive option. The engine will Chinese 9-13 hp, as the CVT gearbox. Today welded frame is kept on potholder may will to make changes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Now this I gotta see!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Depends on how you're running your rear suspension. If you want to run an independent setup in the rear, you'll need CV joints or, even I think universal joints could work, at both ends of the axle. If you're going to run a swing arm type rear axle, you could attach the axle shafts to the rear gearbox using a more solid method in the way of a custom made coupling or welds.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your response. I want to make a similar rear axle, front axle will be independent.

Not easy to do, i must do a lot of turning operations. Reducer need to modify, install locking differential.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yup, that's a swing arm type axle. Very simple, very reliable.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today has made such details. In the pipe will be installed bearings for axis, and the same axis 2 disc brakes. If you've been paying attention, you will notice that a homemade lathe machine. If interested I can briefly describe the lathe machine.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts