My Lawnmower Forum banner

home made sander

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  searsjon 
#1 ·
i have a sears 18/6 twin and im building a sander for it so i can sand and plow with it in the winter but i was wondering if i could piggy back a small motor off the lights with out killing the alternator
Please help:D

#4 · (Edited)
Looks like an Onan Twin. Sears still shows the exploded views for it.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...ts/Model-91725180/0247/1509200/00010012/00001

Being Onan that makes it a little more tricky to come up with information. I ran across a photo of it in the 1977 Sears line up:

1977_tractors (Main page of the site: Vintage Sears Garden Tractors)

The regulator shows part # 7753R

Here's a wiring diagram of a tractor that appears very similar to yours except 18 hp but uses the same 7753r regulator with 30 amp fuse to the lift motor.

Appears Onans commonly used a 15 amp alternator.

Here's a list of Onan Service and parts manuals. You might be able to match up the numbers on your engine model/serial plate to one of them to know for sure.

ONAN PDF MANUAL Links - SmokStak

Onan Manuals Index - SmokStak

(I could not get the engine number shown on Sears site to come back to anything specific.)

or if all else fails this guy could probably look up and tell you. He's shutdown though now until September. ;)

Onanparts.com, Your Onan Parts Solution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.