That's pretty good. :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
That is cool!! ;)

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
:cool Now I am wondering how they made that video. Whether it was all done electronically or whether they used an instrument tuner and made recording of the different notes and then stitched it together.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I wondered that too, but there is that monitor off to the side that I'm guessing is showing rpm, and the number does change with the change in the notes.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can almost hear the wheels turning in their heads when they came up with this idea, can't you. One thing I have to wonder now, what do you suppose the German execs at Stihl thought of the idea?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's neat to see the behind the scenes! I figured a dyno must have been involved.

I wonder if they had to do any specific tuning on the motor to get it to step from each "note" (RPM) so quickly as it does?

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It would have to be pretty responsive, wouldn't it. Maybe I'll wander out to the garage and see if I can get my Farm Boss to sing.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I remember years ago when we got our driveway replaced.. The people who did it cut the expansion joints with a gas powered hand held saw.. When it revved to different levels the blade would sing.. Like a loud clear note..

I remember that sort of mesmerizing me back then.. I was about 7 I think.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Speaking of singing, Stan you mentioned Viking mowers in another thread so I took a look at their web site. I don't believe we'll be seeing them on the Voice next season, but for your listening enjoyment, another power equipment ditty:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Speaking of singing, Stan you mentioned Viking mowers in another thread so I took a look at their web site. I don't believe we'll be seeing them on the Voice next season, but for your listening enjoyment, another power equipment ditty:

What the HECK?!

That's got to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen.. I am about to go and see some of the other ones you posted.. I hope I survive :bag:

-Stan

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

Wow, lol. How do you find these things???? :sidelaugh
Reminds me of the movies Cars.. now there's an idea. A kids movie centered around 'Lawnmowers' that talk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts