My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining!

What types of projects are you working on?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

@ Austen: After my main mower broke this summer i bought a cheap used one. After about the third use, the used one broke down. That prompted me to start learning how to work on engines, as i previously had never attempted.

Using youtube videos and forums like this one, i completely disassembled my engine and rebuilt it... and to my surprise it actually worked, haha. i really found it interesting and have several old mowers of mine that have broken over the years lined up to work on next. heck i even took my neighbors motor that had a cracked case from a broken rod, and tore it down for him just for fun.

A month ago i would have struggled to simply identify the carb or starter on an engine, and its a great feeling to actually understand how it all works now.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Welcome to MLF! It sounds like you learned real quick about working on engines! :cool You'll fit right in here! :howdy:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Thanks everyone.

@ Austen: After my main mower broke this summer i bought a cheap used one. After about the third use, the used one broke down. That prompted me to start learning how to work on engines, as i previously had never attempted.

Using youtube videos and forums like this one, i completely disassembled my engine and rebuilt it... and to my surprise it actually worked, haha. i really found it interesting and have several old mowers of mine that have broken over the years lined up to work on next. heck i even took my neighbors motor that had a cracked case from a broken rod, and tore it down for him just for fun.

A month ago i would have struggled to simply identify the carb or starter on an engine, and its a great feeling to actually understand how it all works now.
Good stuff! That's great you've taught yourself the hobby and have been able to not only benefit from it yourself, but helped out others too. :2th:

Looking forward to seeing you around the board.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Great story, thanks for sharing it. I admire that you jumped right in. Many folks are intimidated and stay that way. There is a lot of satisfaction in working on and fixing things. Welcome to the club :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome to the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts