My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I am a long time resident of central Washington.72 years old with bad arthritis. Three years ago I bought a Yardman Yardbug rding mower to restore. Got the engine cleaned and running but can't work on it anymore because of art so selling it on a saleslist. So this next spring I will be looking for a good workng riding mower and MyLawnmower Forum looks like a good place to get more education and ideas on what kind of machine I may want to keep my eye out for. It will defiinately be a used machine. So glad to meet you all who are interested in these little tractors and like to talk about them and your experiences with various kinds.
Paul

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Hi Paul, welcome to the group. Sorry to hear you're going to have to give up your Yard Bug. I always thought they were cute little mowers, cute as, well, cute as a bug!

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul! :)

Sorry to hear Arthur made you give up restoring the bug. He can be a nasty guy to deal with. :(

I tossed about the idea of getting one of them myself. The self contained grass catcher under the seat looked like a neat idea for smaller yards. But ended up buying the Deere in my signature instead.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm from Washington State as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.Am looking forward to seeing what machines and owners are up too. I really liked the Yardbug design but will probably be looking for a small snapper styleor rergular tractor design for my next mower. My wife has been mowing the yard with her push power we got at Lowes a couple of years back and she is 72 also and it is getting hard on her no matter what she denies. I got the Bug on Craigslist and have got a request for more info already. Hope it works out.

Paul

·
1,329 Posts
Hello Paulwa , Welcome to MLMF, Sorry to hear that Arthur came to visit, I know the feeling. Thanks for joining us, looking forward to your post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, not only as arthur come to visit, he moved in to stay..yikes!:) Still haven't sold my YBug yet but hope someone takes it befor the snow starts coming down. Had 2 enquiries so far.
Paul

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Paul. Hope you find a used mower that will make your yard work more like fun. I had a vintage Snapper that worked out great for mowing around the trees, house and yard.. should have kept it but didn't have any room for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts