My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I live in Long Lake, MN. For years my "job" has been to fix all of my friends' lawnmowers, snowblowers, weedeaters, etc.

1. My latest project is to figure out why my friend's Simplicity (Agco Allis) Landlord 16 hp Hydro Garden Tractor, Model 1692042, Ser. 1895, is very jerky when shifting (hand shift). I put new transmission fluid in (10w30), also replaced filter and installed new drive belt. When gently moving hand shift into either forward or reverse nothing happens until, WHOA!!!, tractor is instantly propelled either forward or reverse in a violent fashion. Have not worked on one of these before so need some advice.

2. Am also curious to know date of manufacture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
:welcome: - Welcome to the forum, Jimmy

I am so NOT the man to ask about your model.... but I do recall a few folks chatting about the hydraulic check valves and O rings in the plugs.

Perhaps you can see what I'm talking about looking at this diagram: Diagrams Hydro Pump-

Hopefully others more familiar with you machine will chime in fairly soon!

We'd love to see pix if you have any :cool

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I don't know what type of tranny you have but some use 20w-50 and they also need to be purged (Bled) if the fluid has been changed or gotten to low to allow air in the system. Some have filters as well in the bottom of the reservoirs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simplicity Landlord

Thanks for replies. My transmission uses 10w30. Perhaps one of you would know where I could obtain a service manual.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Is there a brand and model # available? There should be a tag on the tranny probably near the top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tranny Model For Landlord

Had to take rear tire off to read tranny tag. Here is what it says:

Hydro-Gear
Sullivan, IL
BDU-21L-207
1316B115

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum, I don't know what type of tranny you have but some use 20w-50 and they also need to be purged (Bled) if the fluid has been changed or gotten to low to allow air in the system. Some have filters as well in the bottom of the reservoirs.
Hi Five Points,

You asked for tranny info for my Landlord and I supplied it recently. Was wondering if this info is of any help in diagnosing the hard shifting I have with my tractor?

Thanks, Jimmy245

1 - 8 of 8 Posts