My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped in to say Hi and look forward to the different discussions about small engines. I do repairs as a side line and in the process of setting up a small shop for my retirement. Things are starting to get busy with the coming of snow and snowblower repairs. Looking forward to many great chats. :)

Dave

·
Founding Administrator
1,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dave! Glad you found us and jumped in. This will be a nice, warm place to visit when it's cold and nasty outside. Good luck on the repair business. How about a post describing what you plan to do and how you are going about getting it all in place for your retirement. Might be very interesting to other forum members, myself included!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

Hi Dave Welcome to mlf(mylawnmowerforum):)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome

What I am trying to do for my retirement is set up a small shop where i can fix a couple of lawnmowers or any other small engine item and not sit around the house. Right now I am in the prcoess of insulating and paneling the back half of my garage so I have a warm place to work on those cold winter days. My Grandfather and my Uncle did small engine repairs for their retirement in the Toronto area and did very well at it. In fact at times they would say that they were busier after they stopped their regular jobs. My first love is fishing and I have a trailer and boat at a fishing camp on a great fishing lake. My wife made it clear that I was not spending all my time at the lake after retirement and Id better find something at home to do. ( The wife doesnt like the water or boats :eek:) So small engines has been somewhat of a family tradition and Im going to follow it.
Hope to have many chats with you folks in the near future
Dave :)

·
Administrator
6,218 Posts
Sounds like a plan Dave. :)

Time to do what you want to do instead of only what you have to do, yet still make a little money from it. :cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
where bouts

where about do you live?:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts